- Who is eligible: You must be a legal single-family home resident of one of the 10 jurisdictions that make up the RethinkWaste Service Area which includes Atherton, Belmont, Burlingame, East Palo Alto, Foster City, Hillsborough, Menlo Park, Redwood City, San Carlos and San Mateo. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
- Who is not eligible: You are not eligible if you are an officer or employee of RethinkWaste or Recology San Mateo County; persons working on this sweepstake at any level in any capacity or working for any outside companies or agencies involved in this sweepstake; or any immediate family members of those who fall into any of these categories.
- How to enter: Enter this sweepstakes by completing and submitting the form found at rethinkcompost.org/pledge. All entries must be completed and received by RethinkWaste during either entry period for the entrant to be qualified to win. All entries will be treated equally. Limit one (1) total entry per person over the entire sweepstake period.
- Entry periods: The sweepstakes shall consist of four entry periods. The entry period shall begin at 12:01 a.m. CT on the beginning date and end at 11:59 p.m. CT on the ending date. The sweepstakes periods are:
1. (Bi-weekly Prize): Sept. 29 to Oct. 12, 2019
2. (Bi-weekly Prize): Oct. 13 to Oct. 26, 2019
3. (Bi-weekly Prize): Oct. 27 to Nov. 9, 2019
4. (Bi-weekly Prize): Nov. 10 to Nov. 23, 2019
- The Drawing: During Entry Periods 1–4, one entry will be randomly drawn for each prize (six total) in consideration as finalists for the first-place prizes. Decisions of the judges are final and binding.
Prizes are as follows:
1. $25 Visa Gift Card (up to $25 USD value)
2. $25 Visa Gift Card (up to $25 USD value)
3. $25 Visa Gift Card (up to $25 USD value)
4. $25 Visa Gift Card (up to $25 USD value)
- Necessary availability: Unless otherwise stated herein or prohibited by law, any entrant who is selected as a first-place winner will be contacted by email and phone. If any prize notification telephone call is not answered and/or if the e-mail notification is not answered within two (2) business days or returned as undeliverable; or if a potential winner is disqualified or otherwise determined to be ineligible or declines to accept the prize for any reason; or if a potential winner otherwise refuses or fails to comply with the winner’s obligations listed below, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential winner may be selected from the remaining eligible entries received. Only two (2) alternate potential winners will be considered for the prize, after which any remaining prizes will remain unawarded. By entering, you grant us the right to use and publish your name, city of residence online, in print, email, and any other media in connection with this year’s sweepstakes but not as an endorsement of any business or service.
- Winner’s obligations: RethinkWaste and Recology San Mateo County reserves the right to use and publish the names of winners and appropriate images in print and in any other media in connection with this sweepstakes, for advertising and promotional purposes of this sweepstakes without additional compensation.
- Entries: You may enter only one time during the sweepstakes. Multiple automated entries, or entries submitted by others on your behalf, or entries submitted by you using different identities or addresses, will be considered fraudulent, rendering you ineligible for any prize on any day. Incomplete entries will not be eligible to win.
- Prizes restrictions: Prizes cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash by winner. Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other sweepstakes or offer. No refunds, compensation or alternative prizes will be offered.
- Entries not received: The sponsor shall not be responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries; or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. Odds of winning a prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Entrant’s agreement: By entering, you unconditionally agree to and accept the terms of these official rules and by the decisions we make regarding this sweepstakes, which are final and binding on all matters. If you do not agree to that, please do not enter.
- Termination of sweepstakes: We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to disqualify anyone who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the sweepstakes if anything required for its conduct should malfunction or be deemed illegal. Should this sweepstakes be terminated prior to the end of any entry period, which we may do at our sole discretion, a notice will be posted on rethinkcompost.org/pledge.
- Disclaimer: RethinkWaste and Recology San Mateo County assumes no responsibility for anything that happens outside of our control to delay or prevent your entry, and we assume no responsibility for anything within our control that delays or prevents your entry except where by the exercise of ordinary care we could have kept it from happening or promptly corrected it. RethinkWaste and Recology San Mateo County assumes no liability whatsoever related to the prize, including any tax or other issues associated with acceptance, use of the prize, or contracting with the prize provider.
- The sponsor: This giveaway is sponsored by RethinkWaste, 610 Elm Street, Suite 202, San Carlos, CA 94070 and Recology San Mateo County, 225 Shoreway Road, San Carlos, CA 94070.